You’ve started a blog and you think the content so far is great. Now the question is how do you get the word out? Below you will find 10 ways you can promote your blog, but there are dozens more. These will get you started so that you can begin attracting interested readers to your blog – and they’re all free! Go ahead, knock yourself out:)
How to Promote Your Blog
- Don’t get lazy. A good blog deserves great content, and not just every now and then. Make it a point to write quality content on a regular basis. This might be 3 times a week, daily or even once a week, but don’t let your blog go stale! If you stick with a plan, it will pay off.
- Comment on other blogs. You’ve seen those “spam” posts where someone leaves a comment that says “Great post!” This is NOT blog commenting. If you’ll actually read some of the posts on other blogs, you just might learn something. Then you can leave an intelligent, useful comment – with a link to your site, of course.
- Start tweeting, you twit! When you add a new post to your blog, share it on Twitter. Also consider re-tweeting other people’s posts; many of them will return the favor!
- Write informative articles and link back to your blog. If you write an article that tantalizes the reader but leaves them wanting more, they will click through the link in your resource box that leads back to your blog.
- Ping your blog posts! This is an easy step that just takes a few seconds. When you add a new post, head over to Feed Shark or Pingler to ping – and ping your RSS feeds too.
- Use your blog posts to create a free report or e-book. Give these e-books away anywhere and everywhere. Consider submitting them to some of the free e-book sites you can find online. Don’t forget to include links back to your blog in your free give-aways.
- Join 3 or 4 forums that are relevant to your niche or topics. When you interact with other members and offer your input, they will click back to your blog from the links that most forums allow you to put in your signature file.
- Use lists in your posts frequently. Not only do readers love lists, the search engines do as well. Lists are easier to read and digest than posts containing long, continuous paragraphs.
- Invite other bloggers to guest post on your blog, or you guest post on theirs. Any way you can get a conversation going on your blog or invite interaction is worth the effort. Everyone loves an active blog!
- Use the power of Web 2.0 to build strong links to your blog. Sites like HubPages, Squidoo, Blogger and Weebly are good places to add great content and link back to your blog. Search engines favor these high PR sites, so take a little time to create a page on these sites.
There you have it! 10 ways to promote your blog without spending a dime. There are tons of others – anyone care to share your own personal favorites?